Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wavering...

Well, my week continued into a downward spiral.  I have had a few binge days, though they were better than my normal binge days.  I have also continued going to the gym so that's something....I guess....

I have noticed some important things.  I tend to want to binge whenever I don't make it to the gym.  This has been difficult since, if I don't take a couple of days off a week, my back gets really sore.  I really don't know what to do about this.  I guess I am going to try adding in some type of exercise on my off days - either on the recumbent bike or using my wii.  It just has to be something a little easier on my back than the usual hill climbs or elliptical.

The other thing I've noticed is my ridiculous lack of energy.  I am eating better and exercising often yet I still feel like I drag through my day.  It's really aggravating.  My game plan to tackle this is to try and regulate my sleep schedule - which is a bit off.  I am also going to add some fiber and grains in at breakfast.  Probably better than my normal breakfast of white toast.

It has been hard to get into the writing this last week or two due to an English class I'm taking.  I love writing yet hate being told what to write.  Kind of a problem in the classroom.  I am feeling a bit burned out.  But I also feel like my loneliness and stress is helping to drive my overeating. 

So, I will be trying to write a bit more often.  I think what I really need is therapy but not having a job makes that virtually impossible.  I hope I can work this out on my own.  At the very least, I need to try a bit harder.

2 comments:

  1. You actually shouldn't work out everyday and taking a couple of days off a week is recommended. Our P.E. teacher told us in college that people who work out 5-7 times a week are considered obsessed. We should give our bodies time to rest.

    I know about binging when you don't "achieve a goal" (whether it be going to the gym or having a proper meal). In my mind for ex, it goes, "You fail at this, might as well mess up the day." Well, that's the reason why I'm slow to lose all this. Too many bad days !

    About the lack of energy... perhaps you're lacking something in your diet ? Sometimes, when we don't take enough vitamins or protein, we lose energy (especially since you burn a lot of it).

    Hold strong, you'll get there !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elle,

    Well, my doc told me to walk as much as I could but I guess 5 days is enough. I do enjoy the rest but I need to stay on track when I don't exercise. I do the same thing, where I decide to throw in the towel if I mess up on one thing. I just don;t know how to stop it!

    I added some fiber and veggies and felt a little more energized yesterday. Maybe I will keep going with that.

    Thank you so much for the advice and support. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete